Knowledge is important medicine. When patients understand their disease and feel supported, they cope better and heal faster. The helpful staff at the Brandmeyer Patient Resource Center helps to provide that support for cancer patients, their family members and the community.
Located on Level 2 of the Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Care Pavilion, the Brandmeyer Patient Resource Center provides free materials that you can use inside the comfortable facility or take home with you. The center’s coordinator is an experienced oncology nurse who can help you find the resources you need, which include:
- Free, informative brochures, pamphlets and CDs
- A lending library of books, videos and other materials
- A variety of materials available in Spanish
- Models of the human body to aid visualization and understanding
- High-speed Internet access on four computer terminals for online research
- Information on clinical trials
- Comfort items for those undergoing chemotherapy treatments
- Cancer education presentations for community groups
Patients, families and caregivers can attend a variety of free, monthly support groups organized by the Brandmeyer Patient Resource Center. This is a helpful way to share personal experiences and knowledge about cancer with others who have had similar experiences. The center also provides information on support groups sponsored by community organizations. For more information about support groups, please call 913.588.0130.
This valuable educational center bears the Brandmeyer name in honor of a significant financial gift from the Joe and Jeanne Brandmeyer family and their company, Enturia, a leading developer of medical products.
Like many people, members of the Brandmeyer family have been touched by cancer. Through these experiences, they came to appreciate the life-changing impact of the disease and the need to understand it.