Breast Cancer Survivorship Center
Among the first of its kind in the country, Breast Cancer Survivorship offers patients help with many aspects of their lives, from nutrition to issues related to quality of life. Following a diagnosis of breast cancer, we help you answer, "What's next?"
We believe surviving cancer begins the day of diagnosis and continues every day after. If you are newly diagnosed with breast cancer, we work closely with your care team to help navigate your care and provide access to supportive services. If you have completed treatment, we help you maintain your overall health and well-being.
Recent and long-term impact of breast cancer services are covered by most insurance plans and include:
Weight gain is a common side effect of breast cancer and its treatment. Up to 60 percent of survivors gain weight. Women who maintain a healthy weight are more likely to live cancer-free long after diagnosis. Our team has expertise in cancer survivorship and can provide support and resources for behavioral and lifestyle changes aimed at a healthy weight and safely increasing physical activity.
Regular appointments are an important part of your follow-up care. These allow us to:
- Assess your current quality of life, including mood, sexual health, fatigue, lymphedema and weight management
- Discuss fertility concerns and refer you to our fertility preservation specialists, as needed
- Discuss treatment-related side effects of breast cancer, including menopausal symptoms, bone health and hormone imbalance
- Identify whether you have risk factors for cardiac disease and refer you to our cardio-oncology clinic, as needed
- Monitor for recurrent breast cancer or new primary cancers
- Provide a physical exam
- Work with you on adherence to antihormonal or other long-term therapies
To receive these services, you must be released from your treating oncologist. This means your cancer physician needs to tell you that you have completed treatment and are no longer under active surveillance.
Breast Cancer Survivorship is located on the lower level of the Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Care Pavilion, conveniently located at Shawnee Mission Parkway and Belinder Road in Westwood, Kansas. The Cancer Care Pavilion offers free valet parking at the entrance and free garage parking east of the entrance.
We continue to receive national recognition for meeting the highest standards in cancer patient care.
For appointments or more information: