Renewing spirits from the outside in
For many cancer patients and survivors, changes in appearance caused by treatments or surgery pose physical and emotional obstacles to recovery.
An accredited cancer appearance center, Missys’ Boutique helps patients overcome those obstacles with spirit and style. Opened in June 2010, the center's mission is to help cancer patients and survivors throughout the region restore their dignity, build their self-confidence and reclaim their self-image. The facility is Medicare-approved.
One-stop shopping for cancer patients
Conveniently located on the main level of the Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Care Pavilion in Westwood, Kansas, Missys' Boutique features inviting retail space, a salon area and a private fitting room. In a comfortable setting, patients and survivors receive services and products created just for them.
• Breast forms, postsurgery bras and camisoles fitted by a certified fitter
• Wig selection and fitting by a licensed cosmetologist
• Turbans, caps, hats and scarves
• Cancer awareness clothing and jewelry
• Jewelry, handbags and other accessories
• Skin care products
• Gifts, books, toys, greeting cards and more
• 2650 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Westwood, Kansas 66205
• Open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 913-945-5800.
• Appointments are required for selecting/fitting wigs, breast forms, postsurgery bras and camisoles.
• To schedule an appointment, call 913-588-3671, then choose option 1.
An Oasis Away
Susan McCall found Missys' Boutique to be an oasis away from her treatment and worries about her breast cancer diagnosis. Read Susan's story.
Health insurance may cover the cost of a wig, prosthesis or postmastectomy garments – with a doctor’s prescription. For details on coverage, contact your insurance provider before your appointment.
Make a gift
The University of Kansas Hospital Fund Development
2330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Suite 302
With your tax-deductible gift, you can become part of the family of donors supporting Missys' Boutique, its patients and its mission. To donate, send a check payable to KU Endowment and indicate either the Missys' Boutique Patients in Need Fund or the Missys' Boutique Fund. Mail to:
Westwood, KS 66205
To donate by credit card, or for more information about giving opportunities, call Hospital Fund Development at 913-588-2800. Or contact email@example.com.
Missys' Boutique is staffed primarily by volunteers. To learn more about this rewarding and fun opportunity, call 913-588-6560.