Clinical Trials Office
To support the increasing complexity of the clinical trials we offer, the cancer center’s Clinical Trials Office provides comprehensive, centralized support services to ensure each step of the study follows federal, state and local regulations. The CTO is functionally organized into 6 distinct groups:
- Study Implementation and Regulatory Compliance provides project development/management and regulatory affairs functions and administrative support for the cancer center’s Protocol Review and Monitoring System.
- Research Finance provides comprehensive budget development, financial management for active protocols and research billing compliance.
- Clinical Trials provides project management, clinic coordination and data management coordination.
- Research Assurance provides monitoring, auditing and quality assurance/control oversight of clinical research and provides administrative support to the cancer center’s Data and Safety Monitoring Committee.
- Investigator-Initiated Trials (IIT) Development opens trials that have been developed by physician-scientists, highlighting science, drugs and ideas developed at The University of Kansas Cancer Center.
- Education provides staff training and education pertaining to clinical studies.
Tara Lin, MD, Clinical Trials Office Medical Director
Joaquina Baranda, MD, Early-Phase Program Director
Natalie Streeter, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Clinical Trials Office
Find a clinical trial.
Clinical trials give you an opportunity to try new therapies that might not otherwise be available. Search our clinical trials.