Turning Point is a place to meet, listen, share, learn and encourage.
Since your medical needs are being addressed, we focus on the emotional, social and psychological challenges that come along with a serious or chronic illness. Whether called classes, programs or activities, everything we do helps you adjust to your new normal.
Wherever you're receiving healthcare, our doors are open to you. All programs are supported entirely by our generous donors.
Our classes include:
- Chemo brain
- Yoga in chairs
- Social Security disability
- Caregiver support group
- Weekly meditation classes
- Art and writing classes
- Parent consultations
- T'ai chi
- Nutrition classes
Through classes, activities and education, Turning Point helps participants increase resilience so they may live life to the fullest, even while experiencing a serious illness or chronic disease.
- View the Turning Point program calendar for class and workshop information.
- If you qualify (if you have a chronic physical illness such as cancer, chronic heart failure, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and diabetes or are a supporter), please fill out this intake form.
- Learn about healthy coping skills with the resilience toolbox.
Being diagnosed with a serious illness is a life-altering experience. You can't go it alone," says Dr. Anne O'Dea, medical oncologist and hematologist at The University of Kansas Cancer Center. "That's why I refer patients and their families to Turning Point. I know they will get the help they need. Dr. Anne O’DeaBreast Medical Oncologist and Medical Director for Breast Cancer Survivorship, The University of Kansas Cancer Center
Interesting. Informative. And fun. Check out our bimonthly schedule of classes and programs.